I've seen this idea on other peoples blogs where they list what books they read for homeschool, I thought it would be fun to list the ones we did. I always enjoy looking at others lists to get ideas.
Leading Little Ones to God
Teach Them to Your Children
Sarah Plain and Tall
Skylark
Caleb's Story
More Perfect Than The Moon
Grandfathers Dance
****This was the whole series in the Sarah Plain and Tall, I absolutely loved these books, I got so teary eyed with most of them, call me emotional.
Helen Keller
Stories of the Pilgrims
History Stories for Children
The Story of George Washington Carver
Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends
****Were in the middle of this one
****These were read-alouds
****Next year I would like to read the Little House books aloud, I know Forrest and I have read a few in the series, but I think they are always good to hear again.
Helen Keller(Childhood Famous Americans)
Sword and the Stone
Gone Away Lake
Old Yellar
Buffalo Bill
Secret of the Nimph
Trumpet and the Swan
Homer Price
Bike Snob
In the Year of Boar and Jackie Robinson
Diary of a Wimpy Kids-Newest one out
****These are all the ones Forrest read
Pathway Readers
*Busy Times
*More Days Go By
****These are what Samantha reads, I just love this series of books, I believe it goes up to 8th grade. It has many small stories in each book, Its about Amish families, it just has real nice simple everyday stories. Next year were continuing on with these an adding the workbooks with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Two days later and I remember what else I was going to ask you about your book list =) I've been thinking about the Pathway readers and have heard lots of good about them ... sounds like you liked them too. Where did you get yours. I was going to buy them at MACHE but they were gone when I went back to get them. By the way, it was SO nice to talk with you the other day ... for 2 1/2 hours!!!!!!!
Post a Comment