Sunday, September 30, 2007

Walking Plan week 4 and tidbits

So my week, I did better than last, 5.6 miles.
So my goal this week is to do more than 5.6. It has been working pretty well as soon as the kids go, we let out Buster and then were off. I try to let nothing distract me. The kids have been doing very well. The week ahead is kinda busy, but I'm determined.

This weekend I promised the kids we would go to the pumpkin patch and wouldn't you know it as soon as we stepped outside it started raining. We went anyways and got pumpkins and the kids got a free gourd. So then after we were on a hunt for a cheap typewriter, the kids love the movie "Harriet the Spy" and wanted a typewriter like her. We struck out but will keep looking. We had to make the stop at my favorite super store. Let me just tell you, I was about to fight this women that works there. The story is to hard to try to explain, so if I talk to you gals that read this in person I will tell you.

Last night I was going to try my hand at bread baking the old fashioned way. 1st attempt not successful.... I might have to invest in a bread machine. I want to make our own whole wheat bread so I don't have the high fructose corn syrup in it. I also thought about making our own syrup. Has anyone ever tried making something from scratch that we can easily buy at the store?

Happy Monday!!!!

1 comment:

familyfun said...

Have you tried another batch of bread yet? My Mom just bought a new bread maker from walmart.com. I have one, but do not use it too often.