Monday, May 2, 2011

22 Week Update

I thought I would give a pregnancy update. I'm over half-way there, it seems to have went so fast. I had a pretty rocky start, not really being sick, but with constant tests.  First with my blood pressure, I have had high blood pressure for a long time and have always been on medicine and usually when I'm pregnant they increase my dose, but for some reason this time it was higher which then in turn I was sent to a internal medicine doctor who just said to monitor it at home. It has actually been pretty good at home.  Then I had to have a sugar test right away at 10 weeks and I failed the one hour but then passed the 3 hour, but my doctor wanted me to go see a nutritionist because I was pre-diabetic she said. I did that, now I'm on a low carb plan, for the most part It has been good but its hard in certain situations. I did lose 5 pounds. So I'm praying I will pass the sugar test at week 28.
I had an ultrasound almost 2 weeks ago now and everything looked good and we found out we were having a BOY!!! We are all very excited. We would of been excited either way, but just to see the baby and know that he's doing well is always reassuring. My appt with the doctor went good also. I finally came home smiling rather than crying which has been the case.
I'll post another update after week 28.

No comments: