Sunday, November 11, 2007

Laundry Solution

I wanted some more organization with my laundry,I know I basically only have three people but it just seems like we have so much. I do have a daughter though that changes a few times a day. It is exhausting, anyways back to my solution. When Paul was home he brought in our banquet tables from the garage to the basement. We decided to open our laundry shoot in the bathroom, it had been locked so the kids wouldn't try to go down it. One table is under the shoot to catch the clothes the other two are over by our washer and dryer. It makes it easy for folding and sorting.
Then I went and bought three laundry baskets,(towels, Samantha, Forrest,then we have one for us). When the clothes come out of the dryer I will fold them put them in the appropriate basket and when it is full it goes up to be put away. The kids have to put there own baskets away. Hopefully this will be a little bit easier on me, I deserve it :) Hopefully I can help someone else.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lol...sounds like a great idea! I just have to laugh at "Hopefully I can help someone else"...I'm sure Missy read that and just shook her head at the thought of the VANLANDINGHAM LAUNDRY CATASTORPHE!!!

Thanks for the advice!

familyfun said...

I really like the idea of the kids putting away their own clothes. I think I might try that!